Fires, gas leak keep Yadkinville FD busy

The Yadkinville Fire Department responded to a fire at Deep Creek Farms on Bethel Church Road Friday just around midnight. The blaze began in a grain dryer full of corn and was fully involved when firefighters arrived on the scene. Yadkinville Fire Chief Jody Doss said it was a slow process to contain the fire.

“This was a little bit different type of fire than the residential fires that we normally deal with,” he said.

The fire caused an estimated $500,000 dollars worth of damage.

Yadkinville firefighters dealt with an apartment fire last week as well. The fire was reported at 5p.m. at the Pine Valley Apartments at 121 Pine Valley Rd. Doss said the blaze likely began accidentally due to some construction being done in a vacant apartment. Two families were displaced due to fire and water damage and were being assisted by the Red Cross, Doss said.

On Monday the Yadkinville Fire Department was dispatched to Little Richard’s BBQ due to a gas leak. The restaurant as well as the nearby Dollar Tree store were evacuated while the leak was contained and equipment repaired.

Doss said he wanted to thank area fire departments and agencies that assisted on these incidents including Courtney, Lone Hickory, and West Yadkin Fire Departments as well as the Yadkin Rescue Squad, EMS and the Yadkinville Police Department.